2. Install FS-Duenna. This is the race tracking software we use to log the participants' flights. Install Full client + Update Rev 131. Details on installation and configuration here: sites.google.com/site/fsebprl/duenna In case you have never used FS-Duenna you will have to create an account: Click on the "Login" button on the FS-Duenna Settings page.
1. Select an aircraft to fly the course. Allowed aircraft: Single engine fixed-wing aircraft with piston-driven, naturally aspirated engines. Aircraft configuration files must be "stock" - that is, no modifications to the developer's original .cfg or .air files are allowed to make the aircraft lighter, faster, etc. (exceptions to the "developer's original .cfg/.air" is when a publicly available modification is known and accepted, such as Bernt Stolle's many FDE modification).
2. Register for the months' race course. Link on the month' course page: "Not listed? Click here to register for this course!" Enter pilot name and aircraft ID (AID# from the aircraft list). You should be added to the list of pilots on the courses' page within latest a day or two, but you can fly the legs right away.
Fuel loadout: The aircraft's state (fuel load, etc.) must remain consistent from leg to leg as if the aircraft was flown non-stop without refueling. Load enough fuel for the whole course at the start of the first leg, if needed in jerrycans in the luggage compartment if capacity of tanks is not sufficient.
3. Load/refresh FS Real-world weather. FSMenu: Environment - Weather - either static or 15 min update. This will load the GetWeather weather into the sim.
Be sure to set "Event Name" to "BPRL 2013 Race" in the FS-Duenna settings page.
If you have checked "Arm baton auto-pickup" the race tracking will automatically start when you take off, and stop when you land.
5. Fly the race leg. Complete each run as fast as you can while adhering to the restrictions that are unique to each leg of the race.
Notes: You are allowed two tries for each leg, e.g. if you crash, or somehow mess up your first run. Any second run will count though, even if it is slower than the first one.
It is recommended that you save the flight after each leg to have a consistent aircraft state (fuel ect) for the next leg.
6. Post a short pirep to the forum (optional). We want to know about the adventures you had, and we want photos ! And this also lets us know that you have completed a leg (but we also see your flight on the FS-Duenna tracking site fs-duenna.com/flights/ListFlights.php?detail=last&value=).
Take that URL, and post it in your race thread on this forum, in the following format:[url=myDuennaPage] Then, scroll down on the Duenna page, to where the verification graphic is shown, right click on the image, and select "Copy Image Location". Add that location (enclosed in img tags) to the URL code above, and close everything up with a [/url][/tt] tag:[url=myDuennaPage][img]myDuennaImage[/img][/url] Your complete link code will look something like this, and will give you a clickable picture that goes directly to your log page: [url=http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?flight=82Zgg2kc9gZNCsZcNDyFgj7vvSo] [img]http://fs-duenna.com/flights/logs/82Zgg2kc9gZNCsZcNDyFgj7vvSo.jpg[/img] [/url]